WFYL celebration this afternoon
January 4th: CFL/VF Patriots: Constitutional Attorney
ROBINSON – Killed in Milano; McCARTHY – Enclaves breed Jihadism; HANSON – Trump nails media; WILLIAMSON – Oil; RUSHBO – ‘Bama Care; MORELLO – More nukes?; CALDWELL – BO steals Muslim registry.
LEADS: Thuburn – Merkel; Gehrke – UN vote scuttled; FICKENSCHER – Huma’s laptop; SNYDER – Kids at home.
PA: 2016-2017 Budget
NOTES: POLLAK – BO broke American system; LEVIN (12/22/16); BRODY – Cindy’s on her way.
Chanukah begins Sat. night, Dec. 24, 2016 and continues through Sunday, Jan. 1, 2017
Sending out reminders to save the following date:
Monday, December 19, 2016
WFYL Christmas Open House
The station will be open from 1-7 pm to all our friends as we celebrate the reason for the season: our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Come and join us for as long as you can. Light refreshments and beverage will be served.
RSVP by replying to this invitation
Kim Kennedy, WFYL Radio, “Working For Your Liberty”
Janet: VF Patriots/Campaign for Liberty
“Meet Pennsylvania’s TOP Constitutional attorney, and have YOUR questions ready:
About Joshua Prince, Esq.
With our 2nd Amendment rights being attacked at both the Federal and State level, and the ATF (Burea of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives) trying to close down FFLs (Federal Firearms Licensees) for minor infractions while making FFLs the scapegoat when the ATF’s records are inaccurate, I want to take this opportunity to introduce myself. I am one of only a handful of attorneys across the US that practices in the niche area of law known as firearms law. I decided to concentrate my legal practice on firearms law not only because I am a shooter and firearms enthusiast, but also to ensure that our inalienable Right to Keep and Bear Arms is never encroached upon. I handle cases at the Federal and State level for both FFLs and individuals.
*We will briefly hear from Eve Allen, PA Director for Concerned Veterans For America. You will be astonished at what is actually happening and/or not happening to our very own veterans. This will also include a Q&A. “
“Someone incorrectly stated that the phrase “Drain the Swamp” was no longer being used by me. Actually, we will always be trying to DTS” Donald J.
Julian Robinson, et al., UK Daily Mail: World’s most wanted man is dead: Rookie Italian policeman guns down fugitive Berlin killer screaming ‘Allahu Akbar’ after he shoots his fellow officer when they confront him in Milan
- WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT: Berlin truck killer Anis Amri is pictured lying dead after gun battle in Milan
- Europe-wide manhunt was launched for Amri, 24, after he drove a truck through market killing 12 in Berlin
- Four-day hunt came to an end when he was shot dead after a gunfight with two patrol officers in Milan, Italy
- Amri shot one officer and screamed ‘Allahu Akbar’ and ‘police b******s’ as he was gunned down at 3am today
- Shoot-out happened after Amri had arrived in Milan having travelled through Chambery, France then Turin
- ISIS today confirmed the 24-year-old’s death – and that he carried out mass killing in Germany on Monday
Andrew McCarthy, NRO: “German Lesson: Islamist Enclaves Breed Jihadism”
“Islamist enclaves in European cities are a bigger problem than the infiltration of trained jihadists from the Middle East.
“German investigators have named a Tunisian refugee, Anis Amri, as the jihadist whom they suspect carried out Tuesday’s mass-murder attack. Amri is believed to be the man who drove a truck through a Christmas festival in Berlin, killing twelve and wounding four dozen others in an atrocity reminiscent of the attack in July, when 86 people were killed at a Bastille Day celebration in Nice.
“Notwithstanding that they arrested and held the wrong man for several hours, it turns out that German authorities have been well aware that Amri posed a danger. He is yet another of what my friend the terrorism analyst Patrick Poole has dubbed ‘known wolves’ — Islamic terrorists who were already spotlighted by counterterrorism investigators as likely to strike. . .”
Victor Davis Hanson, NRO: “The Trump Nail in the Media Coffin”
“Mainstream news sources exposed their own long-held biases through their extended meltdown over Trump.
“President-elect Donald Trump probably will not often communicate with the nation via traditional press conferences. Nor will Trump likely field many questions from New York/Washington journalists.
“What we know as ‘the media’ never imagined a Trump victory. It has become unhinged at the reality of a Trump presidency.
“No wonder the fading establishment media is now distrusted by a majority of the public, according to Gallup — and becoming irrelevant even among progressives. . .”
Kevin Williamson, NRO: “On Oil, No Backsies!”
President Obama decocts a presidential power.
“Barack Obama, utilizing the hitherto unknown “No-Backsies!” provision of Article II, has unilaterally declared an “indefinite” ban on oil exploration in certain parts of the Atlantic and Arctic.
“The president is relying on a novel — and imaginary, and dishonest — interpretation of the 1953 Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act, which he says empowers him to make, by unilateral executive fiat, new drilling rules that cannot be undone by any successor president. Legally speaking this is, as Professor Patrick Parenteau of Vermont Law School wryly put it, ‘uncharted waters.’
“The New York Times, acknowledging that President Obama is interpreting his powers in a way that is not obviously legal and is at the very least at odds with prior practice, concedes: “The declaration’s fate will almost certainly be decided by the federal courts. . .”
Rushbo: “The GOP Battle over Obamacare”
“RUSH: There’s another story out there today that doesn’t have any legs yet, but I’m telling you, if this gets a wide berth, it’s gonna cause all kinds of problems. “GOP Considers Holding Off on Repealing Obamacare Taxes.” Why? Doesn’t make any sense here. Repealing Obamacare is repealing Obamacare, and the taxes are a big part of it. The story’s at www.TheHill.com .
“Congressional Republicans are considering holding off on repealing some of Obamacare’s taxes, according to lobbyists familiar with the discussions.”
“Lobbyists? What do lobbyists have to do with this? See where I’m going with this? This
“GOP lawmakers on the House Ways and Means Committee discussed the possibility of keeping some of the taxes in place during a retreat last week at the Library of Congress, the sources say. Even if some of the taxes are not removed as part of the initial repeal bill, it does not necessarily mean they will remain indefinitely. Some Obamacare taxes could be dealt with as part of a larger tax reform bill later in the year.”
“. . . So we either have a replacement bill or we don’t, but then the next aspect of this is when do you do the replacement? The repeal is apparently gonna happen immediately. Meaning, we’re gonna go on record as repealing it, but we’re not going to get rid of it right away. We’re gonna replace it with something that nobody apparently has yet, either in two years or in three years. There are arguments for both.
“There’s also a third option: Don’t replace it with anything. Just cancel Obamacare and then let insurance companies start selling insurance across state lines, bring some market competition back into this and let things fall out (emph added, jb). And everybody on Capitol Hill is afraid to do that. They are afraid to replace Obamacare with nothing. They’re afraid to let the market determine the fate of health care. They think it has to be regulated, it has to be legislated, it has to be scripted, it has to be written. . .”
Carol Morello, WaPo: “Donald Trump says he wants to ‘greatly strengthen and expand’ U.S. nuclear capability, a radical break from U.S. foreign policy”
“President-elect Donald Trump on Thursday called for the United States to expand its nuclear arsenal, after Russian President Vladimir Putin said his country’s nuclear potential needs fortifying, in what would reverse decades of efforts to reduce the number and size of the two countries’ nuclear weapons.
“In a tweet that offered no details, Trump said, ‘The United States must greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear capability until such time as the world comes to its senses regarding nukes.’
“Trump’s tweet came shortly after Putin, during a defense ministry meeting, talked tough on nuclear weapons.
“‘We need to strengthen the military potential of strategic nuclear forces, especially with missile complexes that can reliably penetrate any existing and prospective missile defense systems,’ he said. . .”
Alicia Caldwell, AP: “OBAMA DUMPS REGISTRY FOR SOME IMMIGRANT MEN, MOSTLY MUSLIMS”
I bet he didn’t dump it but told Val Jarrett to pack it for him to take . . .remember, BO still needs a job and depends on immigration and Islam to make a Cloward-Piven situation that will make him essential and wealthy . . . He and Hillary have probably run much the same kinds of “Foundation.”
“WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration said Thursday it is officially scrapping a post-9/11 requirement for immigrant men from predominantly Muslim countries to register with the federal government. The U.S. hasn’t used the program since 2011, but a top immigration adviser to President-elect Donald Trump has spoken of renewing it.
The decision to end the National Security Entry-Exit Registration System, or NSEERs, comes amid growing international terror fears and Trump’s suggestions that he could ban Muslim immigrants from the United States. After a truck attack killed 12 in a Christmas market in Berlin this week, Trump told reporters, “You know my plans.”
Dario Thuburn, Yahoo!; “European populists link Berlin attack to Merkel policies”
“. . . Former UK Independence Party (UKIP) leader Nigel Farage, a key ally of US President-elect Donald Trump in Europe, said the attack which killed 12 people was “no surprise” and would be part of Merkel’s “legacy”.
“Merkel has directly caused a whole number of social and terrorist problems in Germany, it’s about time we confronted that truth,” he told LBC radio on Tuesday.
“UKIP donor Arron Banks, who was also a key funder behind the Brexit campaign, tweeted that Merkel “might as well have” been driving the truck herself.
“A 23-year-old Pakistani asylum-seeker was arrested immediately after the incident on Monday after reportedly fleeing the scene but was released on Tuesday without charge.
“Police said on Wednesday they were now on a manhunt for a new suspect, identified in German media as a Tunisian citizen in his early 20s who applied for asylum in April and had a temporary residence permit. . .”
Joel Gehrke, Washington Examiner: “Egypt scuttles UN vote on Israeli settlement after Trump warning”
“Egyptian officials scrapped a plan to proceed with a United Nations Security Council vote condemning the construction of Israeli settlements, following pushback from Israeli officials and President-elect Trump.
“Egypt requested the vote’s delay to permit them to conduct an additional meeting of the Arab League’s foreign ministers to work on the resolution’s wording,” Haaretz reported, citing Western diplomats. But the vote might be postponed “indefinitely,” according to the report.
“Israeli settlement construction drew condemnation from the State Department earlier this year, in addition to the rebukes of more customary critics, raising fears in Israel and among congressional Republicans that President Obama might not veto a resolution on the matter in the waning days of his presidency. President-elect Trump stated his opposition to the resolution, as Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was lobbying Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi to drop the resolution. . .”
Lisa Fickenscher & Bruce Golding: NY Post: “Feds accessed Huma’s laptop because it might have been hacked”
“The feds got permission to look for Hillary Clinton’s emails on a laptop belonging to Anthony Weiner and Huma Abedin after telling a judge they needed to find out if the device was hacked, court papers revealed Tuesday.
“An FBI search-warrant application — unsealed pursuant to a Manhattan federal judge’s order — noted that 22 emails found earlier on Clinton’s private email server contained “top secret” information that “could result in exceptionally grave damage to national security” if disclosed.
“The laptop was seized from Weiner as part of an unrelated probe into the disgraced ex-congressman’s reported sexting with a North Carolina teen. Abedin also used the computer, but her name appears to be blacked out in the search-warrant application, which is dated Oct. 30.
“Clinton has blamed her election loss to Donald Trump on FBI Director James Comey’s last-minute revelations regarding the laptop probe.”
Michael Snyder, InfoWars: “GENERATION SNOWFLAKE: PERCENTAGE OF YOUNG ADULTS LIVING WITH THEIR PARENTS HASN’T BEEN THIS HIGH SINCE 1940”
“According to the Wall Street Journal, the percentage of Americans in the 18 to 34-year-old age bracket that are currently living with their parents hasn’t been this high in 75 years. . .”
Joel Pollak, Breitbart: “‘Legacy’: 10 Ways Barack Obama Broke the American System”
“What broke it? Both parties acquiesced in bank liberalization, open-borders immigration, and Wall Street bailouts.
“But the most acute challenge was Barack Obama’s direct attack on the constitutional framework itself. Obama sought to transform America, and believed that the ends would justify the means.
“Republicans, hypnotized by race and cowed by the media, put up little fight. So voters took matters into their own hands.
“Here are ten of the most serious ways Obama broke the system.
- The stimulus. On the campaign trail, Obama promised a $50 billion stimulus and criticized George W. Bush for building up the national debt. In office, Obama passed a nearly $1 trillion stimulus, over Republican objections, that failed to keep unemployment from below 8% (aspromised), and went largely to pet projects and state and local governments. The profligate spending shocked voters who feared that the country was now on an irreversible path to fiscal ruin. The Tea Party was born.
- Fast and Furious.The Obama administration smuggled guns across the Mexican border, ostensibly to trace them to drug cartels. Unlike the Bush administration’s Wide Receiver, Obama’s Operation Fast and Furious happened without the Mexican government’s knowledge. The likely goal was to create a pretext for reducing gun ownership in the U.S. It led to the murders of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry and hundreds of Mexicans. Afterwards, Obama used “executive privilege” to cover it up.
- Betraying allies.Obama picked public fights with Israel in a deliberate effort to establish “distance” between the allies. He also broke agreements with the Czechs and the Poles on missile defense, infamously informing the Polish prime minister on the 70th anniversary of the Katyn Massacre. He snubbed the British in ways small (returning a Churchill bust) and big (using the Argentinian term “Malvinas” for the Falklands). And he spied on foreign allies, including Germany’s Angela Merkel.
- Obamacare.The sweeping plan for “universal” health insurance sought, fundamentally, to make individuals dependent on the state, the better to open the door to even more sweeping changes. But it was the process of passing the bill that caused the real damage. To pass Obamacare, Obama bent and broke procedural rules; lied, repeatedly, about the policy; disguised a tax as a fee; and bullied the Supreme Court into compliance. It was the first major entitlement passed without bipartisan support.
- Debt ceiling.Few of the Republicans who rode the Tea Party wave in 2010 made an issue out of the debt ceiling. But the Obama administration believed that a confrontation would help it regain full control of Congress. So it picked a fight over the debt, and forced a confrontation in the summer of 2011 that brought the country to the brink of default. Obama scuttled a “grand bargain” with Republicans by demanding higher taxes. The result: a hated budget “sequester” and a credit downgrade.
- Benghazi.Presidents had lied to the country before about national security incidents: the Iran-Contra scandal, for example, left a stain on Ronald Reagan’s legacy. But no previous American president had abandoned Americans to die abroad without putting up a fight or making a serious effort to punish the perpetrators. In fact, in the heat of battle, Obama went to sleep and flew to a political fundraiser in Las Vegas the next day. It was an unprecedented abdication of his commander-in-chief role.
- IRS scandal. Encouraged by Obama’s attacks on “dark money” and conservative political donors, the Internal Revenue Service began singling out conservative non-profit organizations for excessive scrutiny, denying them the ability to operate during the crucial 2012 elections, and trying to pry loose private information on their donors, their meetings, and even the content of their prayers. To this day, no Obama administration official has been punished for that horrific abuse of power.
- AP scandal.Despite the media’s ongoing love affair with Obama, the administration targeted journalists for harassment, surveillance and prosecution. In one case, the Department of Justiceseized phone records from the Associated Press; in another, the DOJ searched the emails of Fox News reporter James Rosen and his family. Congress later found Attorney General Eric Holder misled it when he told them in May 2013 he had not been involved in potential prosecution of the media.
- Iran deal.After resisting sanctions on Iran, and holding off on any real action against the Iranian regime when it faced mass protests in 2009, Obama made a deal with Iran in 2015 that removed most sanctions in exchaenge for a mere temporary slowdown in the Iranian nuclear program. Worse, he refused to submit it to the Senate for ratification in accordance with the Constitution’s Treaty Clause, and Democrats blocked a weaker effort to submit the deal to an overall congressional vote.
- Executive action on immigration. Obama abused prosecutorial discretion in 2012 in announcing “Deferred Action for Children of Americans” (DACA) in 2012, even after Congress declined to pass legislation on “Dreamers.” But the real offense came after the 2014 elections, when Obama defied the electorate and announced an “executive amnesty” — “Deferred Action for Parents of Americans” (DAPA) — that he himself said dozens of times was unconstitutional (he lost in the courts).
Mark Levin (12/22/16)
“On Thursday’s Mark Levin show, Ben Shapiro of KRLA in Los Angeles fills in for Mark. The lefts’ reaction to President-Elect Donald Trump’s election is insane. A Brooklyn lawyer was escorted off a plane for accosting Ivanka Trump and her kids, complaining that she was on his flight and yelling at her. This is just the latest in the left’s mass hysteria over the election of Trump. The left has no values and is more concerned about virtue signaling than real virtue.
“After that, ISIS is targeting churches in the U.S. to commit terror attacks during Christmas. Even if this did happen, President Obama wouldn’t’ call it a terror attack. Now Obama is more concerned about religiously discriminating against Muslims than he is about American safety. He is scrapping a registry program that was used during his time in office, because he is afraid that Trump will reinvigorate it.
“Later, Trump and his team are mulling a 10% tariff on imports. They want to do this either through an executive order or through a tax reform package. Tariffs are the definition of crony capitalism. They are a regressive tax which hurts poor people the most.”
I got my first ever home-delivered pizza last night, from Domino’s and ordered by a 33-year old beautiful woman in Ghana, a former slave colony in West Africa. (Cindy is a lively velvet and steel mix – Italian and Malaysian.) The delivery guy used to be a neighbor and remarked that the $10 tip would be helpful with the Holidays. We had never met before. And I listened to the close of an Eagle’s game instead of John Batchelor! The days are getting longer. BarryO is stealing my stuff – I paid for his pen, phone, notepaper, clerical help, rent, and jet – to take with him to Chicago. DonaldJ is on his way and will have a Santa effect for all of us! Democrat(!) Tommy Wolf cut payrolls . . . and Cindy is due here January 14th!
In memory of Christ, Merry Christmas, and a shabbat shalom for Hanukah!